Friday, June 29, 2012

Week 4 - Revision to my Action Research Plan

          I have to say that blogging has been way more exciting and fun than I ever imagined!  I find myself checking my blog regularly and excited when I have a new follower.  Ever since I posted my action research plan to my blog, I find myself looking even more with hopes that someone has posted a comment or suggestion about my research plan.  I am so excited about my plan and want to make it the very best and beneficial that it can be.  I feel that getting helpful suggestions for improvement or affirmation of my plan can only help me to strengthen it and make it better. 
          I did not repost my Action Research Plan because, my site supervisor approved the one that is already posted.  I did revise the posted action plan to reflect changes that were discussed with my site supervisor and suggestions made on this blog.  The only change that I will be making is taking out TPRI as a tool for gathering data.  Having never taught a grade where the TPRI was administered, I assumed that it gave data on math.  That teaches me a lesson on assuming!!! It only give data on reading.  For this reason, I will be gathering data from the Pre-K through 1st grade teachers on specific math skills that need to be worked on.  I had that already in my plan.  I will also try to tie the monthly checklist for Kinder and 1st to our CSCOPE curriculum in order to not add extra work to those teachers.  I don't want unhappy teachers!  I want this to be beneficial for all, not misery! I also added that teachers would be posting comments on this blog about activities that worked and progress being made in their classrooms.  I would love to get more input on my plan and any suggestions for activities.  Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment